Wednesday, September 17

Mini Album - "This Life"

It's been a long time since I created anything other than a handmade card, so I decided to sit down, fossick through my stash and put together a mini album.  I wanted it to be bursting with tags, flip out pages and embellishments, with plenty of room for photos, journaling and memorabilia.
After many long days and nights, here's what I ended up with...
 
 
I took plenty of step-by-step photos so I could share the process and perhaps inspire some of you to create your own little album to celebrate those special occasions.  I'll post a couple of pages each day so you can play along!

Here are the links to each of the pages:
Creating the Cover
Decorating the Cover
Pages 1 & 2
Pages 3 & 4
Pages 5 & 6
Pages 7 & 8
Pages 9 & 10
Pages 11 & 12
Pages 13 & 14
Pages 15 & 16
Pages 17 & 18
Pages 19 & 20
Pages 21 & 22

8 comments:

Teresa said...

That's great!

Donna Ellis said...

How fun, Beccy! Love all the memorabilia and amazing embellies!

Linda W. said...

Beautiful - can't wait!!!

Sandra H said...

"WOW" Becky this is absolutely beautiful x

evlin95 said...

Tres bel album merci de partager avec nous

Valr said...

Stunning. Thank you.

FarmerIris said...

The album is gorgeous! I’m new to this craft, so I have a question. Is the album meant to bulge open rather than close flat? I love the look, but was just wondering. Do you make albums that close flat? Thank you for this beautiful inspiration!

Beccy said...

Hi Farmer Iris. Thank you for your lovely compliment about the album, I do enjoy making them. Most of my albums sit relatively flat, depending on how much is placed inside them. I don't create spines in the same way anymore, I actually leave a 1/4" space between each page so they have plenty of room for photos and embellishments. It allows the finished book to sit much flatter too. Here is a later tutorial where you can see the new style of spine: https://beccysplace.blogspot.com/2017/01/tutorial-wrap-around-album-cover.html
Good luck with your creation!
Cheers,
Beccy